The number of monthly users on WhatsApp Messenger continues to climb, as 1.5 billion people are sending instant messages through the platform. Now the platform added an update to support Apple CarPlay, according to MacRumors.
The app previously worked in-car, through Siri when drivers wanted to interface with messaging.
With version 2.18.20, users can interact with WhatsApp directly through the CarPlay user interface by getting notified through badges when new messages are available.
Siri can also read out these messages while the car is in motion. This is in direct competition with the iMessage app which unlike WhatsApp integration, will allow users to scroll through their messages feeds using CarPlay’s UI. Furthermore, users can use Siri to send WhatsApp messages to any selected contacts.
Apart from that, WhatsApp functions much the same as iMessage and offers a reasonable alternative to Apple’s offering.
This popular cross-platform instant messaging service is a popular low-cost option for users all over the world who want to send video, audio, and SMS messages while avoiding carrier-based fees.
WhatsApp Business App
The Facebook-owned platform continues to add new valuable features for its users.
Late last month, WhatsApp Business rolled out to users in a select few markets around the world.
It remains a free app for business, which makes it easier for these companies to connect with their core customers by:
- Business Profiles: Help customers with useful information such as a business description, email or store addresses, and website.
- Messaging Tools: Save time with smart messaging tools — quick replies that provide fast answers to frequently asked questions, greeting messages that introduce customers to your business, and away messages that let them know you’re busy.
- Messaging Statistics: Review simple metrics like the number of messages read to see what’s working.
- WhatsApp Web: Send and receive messages with WhatsApp Business on your desktop.
- Account Type: People will know that they’re talking to a business because you will be listed as a Business Account. Over time, some businesses will have Confirmed Accounts once it’s been confirmed that the account phone number matches the business phone number.